- Be sure to follow the instructions and first apply for a PIN number. If you are including your parent(s) income, they will also need to apply for a PIN number.
- The FAFSA code for the New Community College for the 2012-13 year is 002686.
- This code should be chosen from the drop down box. It will appear as:
CITY UNIV OF NEW YORK-CENTRAL
NEW YORK, NY
Federal School Code: 002686
2. Within approximately one week of submitting your FAFSA, you should receive an email confirmation with a link to your 2012-13 Student Aid Report (SAR) from the U.S. Department of Education. The SAR is an online document acknowledging the processing of your FAFSA. Be sure to review the document for accuracy.
- The New Community College will calculate the amount of financial aid that you will be awarded based on your FAFSA submission. We will send you financial aid award letter in early April.
3. Please Note: If you have already filed a FAFSA and did not include the above code, you must go back into your FAFSA record at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ and add the 002686 code. You will need your PIN number to complete this process.
4. If you have questions about the process, please contact Vera Senese in the Financial Aid Office at 646-313-8011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.